Pork is the most popular food in the world, a familiar ingredient in daily meals. Because, the price of pork is not only suitable for economic conditions but also easy to process many quick dishes without spending too much time. Usually, the most popular part of meat is bacon.
Nutritional composition of porkIn general, pork offers high nutritional value with essential active ingredients for the body such as fat, protein, vitamins and good mineral salts. However, different cuts of meat contain different amounts of nutrients
- Lean pork: 19g protein, 7g fat, 7mg calcium, 190mg phosphorus, 1.5mg iron, 2.5mg zinc, 341mg potassium, 76mg sodium, 2μg vitamin A
- Fatty pork: 14.5g protein, 37.3g fat, 8mg calcium, 156mg phosphorus, 0.4mg iron, 1.59mg zinc, 318mg potassium, 43mg sodium, 2μg vitamin A
- Half lean meat half fat: 16.5g protein, 21.5g fat, 9mg calcium, 178mg phosphorus, 1.5mg iron, 1.91mg zinc, 285mg potassium, 55mg sodium, 10μg vitamin A
Types of pork and how to distinguishDepending on the processing needs, users have their own choice of pork types. However, some delicious pork parts are suitable for many dishes as follows.
- Pork belly: is the part with alternating layers of meat and fat to create three beautiful lines. With a characteristic soft and fatty flavor due to the balanced combination of lean and fat
- Pork rib: is a small rib, flat bone, lots of meat, little bone, often with cartilage (rib cartilage). Young ribs have tender meat with rich flavor, the bones have a fatty taste along with a little fat to keep the meat from drying out. This is one of the most expensive, most loved parts of pork.
- Pork shoulder: meat with both lean and fat, with more lean and divided into small fibers, the meat usually has a certain thickness, plumpness and tenderness
- Rib cutlet: is the cut of meat perpendicular to the spine of the pig. This part of the meat includes the backbone, carries the muscle and has a little fat on the surface to help the meat be lean but still retain the necessary softness and moisture.
- Pork thigh meat (muscular meat): is the meat taken from the hind thigh of the pig, still keeping all 3 lean parts, fat and skin, so it is often used as a substitute for pork belly. The characteristic of this meat is the succulent lean fibers
How to properly store pork?Pork needs to be washed, dried, then put in a sealed container, plastic bag, vacuum bag or wrapped in food wrap and then placed in the refrigerator to freeze. In addition, you can also bring washed pork, drained and then marinated with spices such as salt, honey, wine, ...
Some delicious dishes from pork in JapanIn Japanese cuisine, pork is processed into many delicious dishes, suitable for family meals as well as holidays and parties.
- 豚カツ - Pork cutlet
- カツ丼 - Pork cutlet on rice
- 豚こまのスタミナ炒め - Stir-fried pork top with stamina
Where to buy fresh, clean pork with good price?Pork can be easily purchased in traditional markets, supermarkets, fresh meat stores, etc. However, to avoid buying the wrong meat products, which are harmful to health, you can buy at stores, supermarkets or order online quickly at asiamartjp.com to immediately receive fresh, genuine products, ensure food safety with affordable prices and fast delivery service. Asia Mart - Cheap meat in Japan
Fanpage: Cheap meat / Yasuniku / Asiamart